Ian is excited to have joined Serenity in the autumn of 2016. After nearly 25 years in the financial services industry he believes that we are now in a fantastically privileged position to make a real difference in clients lives. This is about much more than money.
His main focus of work is with people who are looking to retire in the next 2-3 years, or those who have recently done so. The common concerns, fears, frustrations we explore and help to overcome include:
• Work is a key part of my life, which provides a sense of identity and purpose. I want to replace this with something which is equally worthwhile and inspiring, but don’t know what.
• I know I haven’t spent enough time with my family and friends in the past. I want to change that before it’s too late.
• How will my relationship with my partner be affected?
• Retirement is not what I thought it would be.
• We are to all appearances materially successful, but I worry about whether we have enough money to live as we want.
• How do we use our money to create a better life for ourselves and those we care about?
Outside of work Ian and his wife, Tess, have recently bought an old barn near Ripon, which they are trying to restore to its true character. Their greatest pleasure is spending time with their increasing family, particularly enjoying the development of young grandchildren.
They enjoy travelling both within the UK and abroad. Favourite destinations so far are the Galapagos, Costa Rica, India and Jordan. The list of places still to visit continues to grow faster than their ability to do so.
Ian’s greatest achievements so far have been running full and half marathons – the most challenging of which was round and up Snowdon – and climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. His claim to fame was an appearance in EastEnders
07590 353 776